Thursday, June 7, 2007

Where the hell is Kyrgyzstan?


When I was told by Kendal we were going to Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan back in February, my first question was: "Where the hell is Kyrgyzstan"? I had never heard this place existed before. I had at least heard about Kazakhstan because of "Borat" which I'm told paints a very misguided picture of that country. But Kyrgyzstan? I had abosolutely no idea whatsoever. So for those who share my ignorance, here's the map. It actually borders China, Kazakhstan and two other "stan" countries. So next time someone mentions Kyrgyzstan, you don't have to scratch your head.

Note: The large white circle indicates Bishkek (the capital of Kyrgyzstan) and the small circle indicates Almaty in Kazakhstan. These are the two cities we'll be visiting in our journey. We'll spend most of the time in Bishkek doing our project. We'll be in Almaty for a few days for presentations to the local art groups.

No comments: